Irving residents can recycle most household items, but there are some things that cannot be recycled. Here is a list of what can and cannot be recycled in Irving:
- Rinsed glass bottles and jars
- Cereal boxes or similar paperboard boxes
- Rinsed plastic containers such as milk or laundry detergent bottles
- Flattened cardboard boxes
- Metal cans
- Plastic bags (only if they are placed inside a blue bag)
- Soiled or contaminated food boxes/containers
- Bottles that contained hazardous materials such as motor oil
- Grocery/produce bags
- Plastic bags that are not placed inside a blue bag
- Construction materials
It is important to recycle properly so that the materials can be reused and not end up in landfills. By recycling, you are helping to protect the environment and conserve natural resources.
Here are some tips for recycling properly:
- Rinse all recyclables before placing them in the blue bag.
- Remove all labels from plastic containers.
- Flatten cardboard boxes.
- Do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
- Place your blue bag at the curb for collection on your regular recycling day.
If you are unsure whether an item can be recycled, please contact the City of Irving Solid Waste Services Department at (972) 721-8059.
Thank you for recycling! You are helping to keep our community clean and healthy.